Our Expertise

Operating Authorities

Letter of Authority is a document issued by the department granting intrastate authority to a person to operate a motor vehicle as a motor carrier transporting people or property.

Contract motor carrier is any person engaged in the intrastate transportation of people or property by motor vehicle on state highways for compensation.

Private motor carrier is any person engaged in business and operating a vehicle which has a gross vehicle weight exceeding 26,000 pounds who, without compensation, transports intrastate over state highways their employees or property of which the person is the owner, lessee or bailee, used in the furtherance of any commercial enterprise.

Commercial enterprise refers to activities of those people engaged in the exchange, purchase or selling of commodities or rendering a service in related financial transactions.

For more information, call 416-473-8472